Subject: Re: problems with Soundblaster AudioPCI 128 - probed but scrambled output
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/2002 05:50:28
from Thorsten Frueauf <milano@zhadum.de>:

> does anyone successfully use a Soundblaster AudioPCI 128 card on NetBSD/i386
  1.5.3_RC1 ?

> It gets probed as following:

> eap0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0: Ensoniq CT5880 CT5880C (rev. 0x02)
  eap0: interrupting at irq 11
  eap0: TriTech unknown codec; no 3D stereo
  audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
  midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

> But if I try to play a .wav file via audioplay it sounds like its too
  slow and has some strange tunes in between.

> Same when trying to play some mp3 file via mpg123.

> Any clues/help?

> I can give any details on request and am willing to debug :)

I have on-motherboard (Gigabyte GA-7DXR) sound very closely related to your
sound card, but I haven't got past pckbc: command timeout when booting NetBSD
(1.5.2) from the hard disk.  But I have a dmesg, obtained from CD boot by
mounting an msdos-formatted 3.5" floppy disk, mounting the hard-disk NetBSD
/dev/wd0a, and copying to the diskette so I can view from DOS or Linux.  Sound
portion shows:

eap0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: Ensoniq CT5880 (rev. 0x03)
eap0: interrupting at irq 5
eap0: unknown (0x00000000) codec; no 3D stereo