Subject: Re: xfree
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: zuan . <me_izwan@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/2002 15:07:32
I cannot used startx with my user acct after i run XF86Setup and below is
the error msg :

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.
We strongly advise against making the server SUID root!

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

i heard that user must use xdm to login so i make root run xdm but it wont
go any where just stuck at the login screen coz after the login it only give
2 option that is [ Default/Safe Fail ] and [ Cancel ].
do i missing something here ??