Subject: Re: xfree
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2002 22:23:53
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:52:29PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Also, if your card is supported by XFree86 4.x and if the monitor/card
> pair isn't too old, XFree86 4.x can probably do a pretty decent job of
> autoconfiguring itself for you.

I found that the default sets didn't contain anything fast enough!
Trouble is you have to think of a name for your moniter and
video card, rather than the generic name, the max line freq of the
monitor and max dot clock of the video card.

I wanted some of the high refresh rate modes (1280x1024@100Hz,
1600x1200@100Hz etc)....

(yes I know I can go and divide out the parameters, but it is rather
tedious sorting out the percentages for the porches)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk