Subject: umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2002 00:11:21
G'day,

I'm failing to get a 64Mb FlexiStor Solid State Disk to work on a
NetBSD-1.5ZA system. Find below the relevant part of the dmesg kernel
output:

umass0: at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Flexistor Driver Flexistor Disk, rev 1.10/0.01, addr2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 luns per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <, , > SCSIO 0/direct removable
sd0: could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry
sd0: 16080 KB, 15 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sec x 32160 sectors
sd0: could not mode sense (4/5); using fictitious geometry
umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
(...repeating...)

At this point of time I unmounted the device and the kernel continued
to boot after displaying a series of error messages.

Interestingly, the kernel seems to believe that the device has a
capacity of 16080KB instead of the nominal 64MB.

Are USB memory keys supported? Is there anything I can try that
promises success in getting it to work?

This device performs flawlessly on a Windows XP system and hence a
hardware fault is unlikely.

Many thanks in advance

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes

----- End of forwarded message from Berndt Josef Wulf -----