Subject: Re: Hard Drive in 520 byte/sector.
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2002 21:58:33
On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 08:22:02PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> you must write your own program sending raw scsi commands to read the
> contents. NetBSD can't handle sector sized != 512 now and for sure won't
> ever handle non power-of-two sizes.

You know, I've been on these lists long enough to know that NetBSD
has an amazing group of people who work on it or have in the past. There
have been multiple occasions where someone said "Oh, that will never
happen. It's too hard/It's impossible." What happens? A couple of
years later someone goes and does it.

You know, "for sure won't ever" is itching, nay *begging* to be proved
wrong.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.