Subject: pop3 server & heimdal
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Olu M. Howard <olu@serendipitynetworks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2002 13:26:10
Has anyone gotten cucipop (preferred) or imap-uw (or heck qpopper) to work
with the kerberos implementation in NetBSD1.5.2 (heimdal)?  Until my
upgrade to 1.5.2 I used NIS but discovered the hard way that with 1.5.2
NIS is horribly unstable and crashes rpcbind *badly* so I decided to
switch to hesiod/kerberos to handle authentication & such and it all
works well only now I can't seem to get any of the pop3 server packages to
compile correctly when I try and include kerberos support.

And I don't want to even go into the headaches I've had with PAM (or more
specifically the pam_krb5 module which seems to compile correctly and
still not work....) geh.

I am so open to advice right now.
-Olu