Subject: Re: Install NetBSD 1.5.2 on 486 with Phoenix BIOS?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/2002 02:34:01
from Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>:

> Yeah, but I bet someone somewhere made a plug in cmos
> for that at some point (if yours is removeable). When
> I installed one of those evergreen processors on my
> girlfriends machine, it had all kinds of bios update
> information. This was a 486 something or other...

> Andy

(Regarding the old Cx486DX2-S at 66 MHz, 20 MB RAM, Texel internal 2x CD-ROM on
Trantor T130B SCSI)

There was no BIOS upgrade information on this one.  Motherboard manual was
hidden under a cloak on anonymity, no hint as to manufacturer; English was
apparently not their primary language.  Store where I bought that computer and
upgrades is no longer in business.  FreeBSD, very doubtful of running, and
OpenBSD, which might run, are ruled out by lack of support for the SCSI.