Subject: RE: Re: Vaio Problem
To: \"Brian A. Seklecki\" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: None <TonyIsYourPal@netscape.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/2002 12:44:07
Hi Brian,

> "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
> Typical i386 hardware symantecs.  What type of soundcard is it?  Include
> the output from dmesg(8).

It's a VIA VT82C686A AC'97 - WinXP & NetBSD report the same device. The  dmesg output for the card is :

auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5
VIA Technologies VT82C686A AC-97 Audio Controller (audio multimedia, revision 0x50) at ? dev 7 function 5 (tag 0x80003d00, intrtag 0x80003d00, intrswiz 0, intrpin 0x3, i/o on, mem off, no quirks): VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio (rev 0x50)
auvia0: interrupting at irq 5
auvia0: ADS72 codec; headphone, Analog Devices Phat Stereo
audio0 at auvia0: full duplex, mmap, independent

Only difference between WinXP & NetBSD is the interrupt (but then, WinXP announces almost everything as being on interrupt 9). The full verbose output is in the previous mail about this - it's pretty lengthy, so I thought I wouldn't post it all again :)

> Try disabling "PNP OS Installed = YES" in your BIOS/CMOS.

I've tried both ways; currently PNP OS is set to no.

Thanks,

Tony