Subject: Re: Is opera6 working well for you?
To: None <sudog@sudog.com>
From: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/2002 11:00:58
>> Opera6 on the other does not work nearly as well for me. Many
>> "complicated" web pages never seem to finish loading.

sudog> If it's synchronous DNS, the problem would go away with a proxy.

Actually, my problems do seem to go away when I use a proxy. Weird...

Another weird thing that I noticed is that even a long time after I
exited Opera I still had a huge number of unfinished TCP connections
lying around:

tcp        0      0  dhcp226-154.cs.c.55514 images.slashdot..www   LAST_ACK
tcp        0      0  dhcp226-154.cs.c.55515 images.slashdot..www   LAST_ACK

This was from a "netstat" several hours after I removed the interface
that had the dhcp226-154 address...

When I reconnected to the net at a different place all those TCP
connections started resending and all the bells and whistles on my
home firewall went on... ;-)

Regards,

        -- Urban