Subject: Re: icy-dock
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/2002 09:00:40
Hi,

thank you and Jonathan for the fast response.

On 19 Mar 2002 at 23:47, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> older model, the 8700, which has a backplane rated only for Ultra2
> (80MB/sec) instead of the Ultra160 of the 8720, but has the
> interesting property that as it has no integrated termination, you can
> daisy-chain them if you want to.

the units in question are 160 and can be daisy-chained. I can
no longer use my Compaq F1s (SA 2/p does not work in a new
board and with the new raid controller with VHD connectors I
can only get cables that are too long for UW).

Does hotswap actually work with this devices? And for the
disks, any experiences with the "SEAGATE Cheatah 9.1GB, 10,000
RPM, 3.5" Low Profile, Wide Ultra2 80 Pin SCSI Hard Drive
(ST39102LC)"? I usually tak IBM drives as they stay very cool,
but I have a nice offer for the Cheatas (about USD 30 each).

TIA

mike