Subject: Re: network card recommendation
To: Analysis & Solutions <danielc@analysisandsolutions.com>
From: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/19/2002 13:19:38
> I thank ALL of you for contributing suggestions.  Several people said
> the Intel cards were the way to go.  I decided to get the
> "Intel PRO/100 S Desktop Adapter," (Intel item # PILA8460C3.  Uses the
> 82550EY chip.).

Glad this worked, this has been my experience with Intel Ethernet till i
ran into this one:

Integrated Intel PRO/100 Network Connection utilizing Intel 82562ET LAN (optional)

http://program.intel.com/shared/products/boards/d845hv/d845hv_d845wn_brief.htm

It sort of connects and has very poor transfer and timeouts. I built an
email server using this and had to put an Intel 8255X card (FXP1) to get
it working.

My guess is the  Intel 82562ET is not detected correctly.

All the best.

Jeff