Subject: Re: Is opera6 working well for you?
To: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/19/2002 10:41:30
Hello Urban,

On Monday 18 March 2002 03:17, Urban Boquist wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using (the linux version of) opera5 for a long time and I am
> extremely pleased with it. Opera6 on the other does not work nearly as
> well for me. Many "complicated" web pages never seem to finish loading.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Maybe the problem is with the Synchronous DNS. Has anyone tried to
> examine why it crashes without it?

If it's synchronous DNS, the problem would go away with a proxy. Synchronous
DNS is required right now else the package coredumps. And proxy doesn't help
with those complex page loading problems that I see as well.

It sucks because I actually registered my copy of Opera, and my reg key
doesn't work with Opera5. :) Just Opera6, Linux edition. :) And Opera6 is so
much cooler too.

So if anyone needs testing or intelligent feedback on fixes, please let me
know, I'm happy to assist.

-sudog