Subject: Re: Is opera6 working well for you?
To: David Friggens <david.friggens@vuw.ac.nz>
From: Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/19/2002 10:34:11
> I've been using Opera 5, and more recently 6, on Windoze for a little whi=
le
> now and noticed a number of minor but annoying problems, such as images n=
ot
> fully loading, so it could be non-platform specific problems. I have had =
> few occurences of pages not loading fully, but can't remember any specifi=
cs.

I had similar problems with the 6.1 windows version lately. Sounds bad
because Opera used to be the best choice (IMHO) for browsing under
everything else than windows (MacOS included...). If it begins to be as
slow as mozilla/galeon and as buggy as netscape... Anyway, I am using
links (eLinks actually) at work and it rocks when configured with a viewer
for pictures. I tried w3m with pictures also but if speed is in mind,
links is the one.

I might try Konqueror as people say it is really worth the installation of
KDE...

Herv=E9