Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD v1.5.2 and KDE v2.1
To: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/2002 14:07:58
>  > I always install with the system installer.  I've never had the problems
>  > that you describe.  I've run most, almost all, releases and patch-releases
>  > since 1.3.
>
> I use it too, sometimes. But I am running on a dual-booting disk,
> so I like to have full control (? :-) with what is happening.

I can see that, I suppose.  (^&

>  > Re. KDE: I get the same problem with the tasklist feature.  But the
>  > screen-saver looks like it's working.  (I was able to
>  > browse/select/configure/test the screensavers; I didn't actually leave the
>  > machine idle long enough for the saver to come up.)
>
> I do not follow your choice of menus, what application are you using?
> I click the Kicon-Preferences-Look & Feel-Screensaver and get the

I'm not at home and the next 48 to 72 hours will probably be busy.  But I
went through the control panel, I think, off of the main menu.  Probably I
went down the look-and-feel tree from there.  If that doesn't help any and
you can wait a few days, feel free to ask again.  More than likely,
someone else can tell you a way that works for them before I have time to
get into KDE again.  (I really *need* to wall myself off from the 'net
pretty much for a few days.  (^&)

Good luck.