Subject: Please add Siemens SpeedStream 10/100baseT USB to /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs* & if_aue.c
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/2002 01:47:09
Greetings:

A coworker of mine was just in San Francisco and bought a bunch of
Siemens SpeedStream 10/100baseT USB dongles from FRY'S for only
$25 or so each.  These are identical in every way to the IO-DATA
ET/TX-S 10/100baseT USB dongles I picked up in Japan last year,
which NetBSD supports great.  In fact these are the smallest 10/100
USB adaptors I have seen, and after nearly a year of continuous use,
they have been rock solid in their stablity under NetBSD.  :-)

Both this Siemens SpeedStream and the IO-DATA ET/TX-S have the exact
same hardware, including the same Pegasus II chipset, which uses the
NetBSD "aue" usb ethernet driver.

Can someone please make the following additions in NetBSD-current
and the NetBSD-1.53(alpha/beta) ASAP:

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs:
	vendor SIEMENS                  0x067c  Siemens
	product SIEMENS SPEEDSTREAM     0x1001  SpeedStream USB

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs.h:
	#define USB_VENDOR_SIEMENS                0x067c  /* Siemens */
	#define USB_PRODUCT_SIEMENS_SPEEDSTREAM   0x1001  /* SpeedStream USB */

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs_data.h:
	{
	    USB_VENDOR_SIEMENS, USB_PRODUCT_SIEMENS_SPEEDSTREAM,
	    0,
	    "Siemens",
	    "SpeedStream USB",
        },

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/if_aue.c:
	{{ USB_VENDOR_SIEMENS, USB_PRODUCT_SIEMENS_SPEEDSTREAM}, PII },

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Alicia.

PS: In case you are interested, here is the output from "usbdevs -v" with
	both the new Siemens SpeedStream and the IO-DATA ET/TX-S usb
	ethernet adaptors installed in my laptop.
# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: low speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: low speed, power 160 mA, config 1, SpeedStream USB 10/100(0x1001), Siemens(0x067c), rev 1.01
 port 2 addr 3: low speed, power 200 mA, config 1, USB-ET/TX-S(0x0913), I-O DATA DEVICE,INC.(0x04bb), rev 1.01