Subject: Re: Vaio Problem
To: None <TonyIsYourPal@netscape.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2002 21:42:01
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 TonyIsYourPal@netscape.net wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Quick recap : when replaying sound using any method, the first half
> second/second replays over and over to the correct length of the tune
> being played.
>
> I noticed a message recently saying that this was possibly a symptom of
> an incorrect interrupt. I had a look in WindowsXP, and the sound card is
> reported as being on interrupt IRQ 9, whereas NetBSD reports that the sound

Typical i386 hardware symantecs.  What type of soundcard is it?  Include
the output from dmesg(8).

Try disabling "PNP OS Installed = YES" in your BIOS/CMOS.

More info at:

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-audio.html

-lava

> card is on interrupt 5. Can this be changed ? If so, how ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Tony
>
> --

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

"From listening comes wisdom and from speaking repentance."