Subject: Re: network card recommendation
To: Paul Apprich <paul.apprich@verizon.net>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/2002 23:07:11
> 3com 3c905 PCI ethernet seems to be as compliant as those from Intel.

Search the archives.  Experimentally there have been found to be at
least three versions of the "3c905B" and only two of them work with
NetBSD's driver. :-(

I've "been there, done that" and now use Intel cards.  I might use
something else if I had to buy Intel cards new -- they were never
cheap, and they haven't got much cheaper over the years.  There are
lots available cheap secondhand though if that is acceptable to you,
plus they're integrated onto some motherboards.

Regards,

Giles