Subject: Re: pmap panics on 1.4.3
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2002 22:55:43
On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:21:37PM -0800, paul beard wrote:

> David Laight wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:19:18AM +0000, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> >
> >>I've a customer using 1.4.3 on a Fujitsu Teamserver
> >>

> > That doesn't identify the system at all!
> > The 'TeamServer' was a marketing name, it could even have
> > a SPARC cpu!
>
> Not if it had been running NT at one time as the OP mentioned: NT
> on SPARC wouldn't have escaped anyone's notice, I'm pretty certain.

I did notice that!

But it could be any one of a number of x86 systems.

We had to tell the difference between the SPARC TeamServer and
the previous DRS6000 system - because the software licensing
rules were different.  However the main PCB was the same - just
a new case!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk