Subject: odd install obstacles
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John R Towler <towl0008@tc.umn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/2002 17:20:16
I was installing the newer 1.5.3_ALPHA snapshots with the images
stored on a FreeBSD/old NETBSD partition.  (I wanted to give
openoffice a try.) I ran mbrlabel to add the other partitions
unmodified to the disklabel, yet on mounting them, I could not stat the
mounted fs.  What did I miss.  I recall having done this in the past,
including while bootstrapping from the original proprietaty OS/OE.

i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5.3, Toshiba Satellite PRO 460CDT,
1 disk -- wd0, 1 NetBSD partition (~1 Mb) and 2
FreeBSD/old NetBSD partitions.
Configuration to only newfs the NetBSD
partitions.

Granted I wanted to try some cross-compile projects, but I hadn't
expected to set up another BSD and rebuild tools just to get out of
this bind.

			Thanks,
			John Towler