Subject: Re: Changing from MSDOS to NTFS
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2002 15:55:41
At 08:24 PM 3/7/2002 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:20:16AM -0500, Steven Grunza wrote:
> > My dual boot machine recently changed from WinME to Win2000.  The
> disklabel
> > has the following line in it:
> >
> > f: 54726525             63              MSDOS                   #
> > (Cyl.  0*-54292*)
> >

> > When I used the command "disklabel -e -r wd0" under NetBSD-1.5.2 to change
> > the MSDOS to NTFS I was asked if I wanted to erase the entire disk.  Of
> > course I replied no.  When I checked the disklabel with "disklabel -r wd0"
> > I saw that the label was unchanged.
>
>did you try 'disklabel -e' (without -r) ?
>
>--
>Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>--

disklabel -e allowed me to change the MSDOS entry to NTFS (verified with
disklabel -r wd0); however, I still can't mount it.  I tried

mount -t nfs -o ro /dev/wd0f /c_drive

and got back an error which was "operation not supported by device" or
something like that.  I can reboot to NetBSD and get the exact error
message if it would help some kind soul in debugging this problem.