Subject: Wscons and vesa modes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Becker <becker@birdland.ath.cx>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/2002 15:01:27
I was looking at the wscons display subsystem recently and wondered how
difficult it would be to incorporate a vesa driver. I know that a generic
vga and cga driver exist, but being able to have console graphics akin to
the linux framebuffer would be helpful, esp in embedded system where X is
too heavy. Plus groovy fonts are nice in a hi-res display. Am thinking that
an appropiately written termcap could allow graphics access, somewhat like
the bellcore mgr system did with its version of an "xterm".
Anyone have any ideas where I can start looking? TIA
Rob