Subject: debugging x86 assembly
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2002 08:51:13
Hello,

I am using NetBSD 1.5.2 i386.

I am attempting to debug some x86 code written in assembler.  When I write
assembler code that uses the C environment (crt0.o crtbegin.o crtend.o
-lgcc -lc), I am able to debug it with gdb.  When I write standalone code,
I am unable to debug it.

When I type "list" in gdb, the error is "Can't find a default source file"

The code is at http://backyard.heliacal.net/t2.s

A friend tried the same on his x86 Linux box (removing the
.note.netbsd.ident section and using the Linux system call interface).  He
was able to list and debug the code within gdb.

Would someone give me a clue why I can't debug the above code?

Thanks,

Ben Collver