Subject: Suggestions for chip set on new PC
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2002 09:06:36
I'm looking into building a AMD Duron based PC as a crash-n-burn /
development box.  I would like to use an AMD Duron for $/perf reasons.  I
need AGP on the motherboard, integrated audio and LAN would be nice since
I'll be adding three or more PCI cards.

Anyone have suggestions on what motherboard manufacturer to look at, any to
avoid?  Anyone have a preferred motherboard or chip set?  Thanks for any
suggestions.  Since this is a development / crash-n-burn box I don't want
to spend too much but it needs to be fast (599+ Mhz Duron should be enough)