Subject: Re: Pkgsrc error
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/01/2002 14:58:37
--- Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org> wrote:
> Hello Carlos!
>
> You may be on to something.  I have been having
> trouble building
> packages from a pkgsrc.tgz that I downloaded the
> other day.  I
> have just looked at it and it's 7,143,095 bytes long
> and dated
> Jun 27 2001.  Perhaps I've just downloaded the wrong
> one.  I was
> getting checksum errors and at least one package
> (dillo) was not
> there.

If you're going to use pkgsrc, you may as well track
-current. The online manual by F. Lupi does an
excellent job of telling how to do this. I run it in a
script nightly, but that's probably too often for how
often I actually build packages. Weekly is probably
better.

I remember getting the same issue with what the
original post was explaining, but I didn't pursue it.
I think it was actually with building Mozilla...

Andy