Subject: compiled kernel fails miserably
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Bohlmann <njb@elfwerks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/2002 00:50:02
Hi folks,
  I pawned through the recent posts but I couldn't find anything
really relating to my problem.  I installed 1.5.2 this past weekend
and wanted to re-compile the kernel to reduce it's size.  I did the
normal thing of editting the config file and compiling and everything
seemed to work as it has in the past.  However, when I boot this
kernel, everything breaks.  I get core dumps from things such as
chmod, wscons breaks, and my root partition ends up getting fairly
trashed (a serious fsck is required).  Does anyone have a clue as to
what I'm doing wrong?  Is the syssrc.tgz in the 1.5 portion of the ftp
site not correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

--
Nathan Bohlmann                                        njb@elfwerks.com