Subject: how to get kernel sources for i386 20020104-1.5ZA
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Marshall T. Rose <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/2002 21:16:59
[ sorry for sending this to port-i386 instead of netbsd-users, but i think
it's i386-specific... ]

1.5.2 doesn't recognize the 802.11b card in my thinkpad a20p, so i'm running
the 20020104-1.5ZA kernel (generic_laptop).

i'm about to do a vanilla install (from floppy!) to make sure that i not out
of sync with respect to any user programs.

however, what i can't figure out is how to get a copy of the /sys used to
generate the kernel that i'm running. (i'm probably going to have to update
the audio driver, and, in any event, you should always have the kernel
sources for the running system).

i can't find anything that looks like the right tarball, so my theory is
that i need to get a copy from cvs. the question is, what "-D" or "-r"
should i be giving cvs to get the right stuff.

thanks,

/mtr