Subject: HPT-370 lost interrupt (was: Re: New IDE controller)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Sami Kantoluoto <sami.kantoluoto@sjk-software.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/2002 11:25:52
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:00:43AM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> > I found a bug some time ago in the interrupt handling of the HPT. This is
> > fixed in -current and 1.5.3_ALPHA since at last a week (I don't remember
> > the exact date). You can fix it by using a recent 1.5.3_ALPHA kernel,
>
> No dice; it still loses interrupts and dies.  I'm going to swap it for
> another brand of controller, I think.

I also tried this fix (1.5.3_ALPHA) and it didn't help. I'm getting "Lost
interrupt" (under heavy load) when two disks are connected in separate
ports but when put into same port (as master and slave), all works well.
I've tried this with three machines, two with Epox's 8KTA3+ (HPT-370A) and
one with Abit's KT7-RAID (HPT-370). Using the same disks on separate
non-HPT ports works.

     -sk