Subject: Re: gcc-3.1-20020211_NetBSD1.5ZA-i386 binaries
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/2002 23:53:14
Wojciech Puchar wrote
> > AFAIK, the binaries should work with 1.5.2. To install this package,
> > you need to become user 'root', change directory to '/' and unpack the
> > archive using 'tar zxvfp gcc-3.1-20020211_NetBSD-1.5ZA.tar.bz2'
> > command. gcc-3.1-20020211 was built with the prefix set to usr/local.
> > It contains the complete collection including the ada parts. The size
> > of the package is appr. 18MB and is all that you need to download.
>
> can gcc 3.1 compile everything in NetBSD including kernel?

I can't see why not, although I haven't tried. Perhaps I should try to
compile a kernel to find out... ;-)

I will do it know and will reply to you with another email as soon the
build has finished.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes