Subject: Re: booting in single user mode and hd read only
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Daniel Gallant <dgallant@startech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2002 14:29:55
Thank you for this advice!

Sorry for the long lines...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wojciech Puchar" <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
To: "Daniel Gallant" <dgallant@startech.com>
Cc: "Home Address" <adgallant@sympatico.ca>; <port-i386@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 2:10 PM

> > I'm fairly new to *nix, and very new to NetBSD. I've installed NetBSD
1.5.2 on my Toshiba T1950 (486SX-25, 12Mb ram, 202Mb hd) over FTP. The
installation went smoothly, except when I rebooted the first time. At this
point I was greeted with a message that the system could not boot in multi
user mode, only single user mode.
> please don't send mails with such long lines.
>

> > After reading further (yes, I RTFM, hopefully I didn't miss the
solution), I realized I had forgotten to change the rc.conf file to
'rc_configured=YES' and 'wscons=YES'.