Subject: Re: how to get lm sensor data?
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/2002 20:56:09
paul beard wrote:
> Now specifically a NetBSD question but I'm hopeful someone can
> help me with this.

You meant 'Not' prolly here. I guess you ask not wrong list
then, this is done completely differently on NetBSD.

On NetBSD, we have envstat(8) for displaying information
from various environmental sensors, being it lm(4), viapm(4)
or whatever else. I'm not aware of any problems regarding
this utility under NetBSD.

On NetBSD, the dmesg data are saved to /var/run/dmesg.boot
on boot. Again, I have no idea what other OSes do.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-