Subject: Re: Lost serial ports
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/2002 12:18:28
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:

> Those are also the boards with which we've had every single "weird" probl=
em
> I've seen on PC hardware.  (One BSD/OS customer had a system that lost se=
rial
> port interrupts under load, and wouldn't come back until reset.  VIA chip=
set.)

I've seen this on NetBSD too. I used my NetBSD as pppd server for my
Amiga, and some times the serial port just went dead. I found no way to
bring it back to life.

Now I have a pcmcia ethernet card for my Amiga, so I don't rellay care
anymore.

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se