Subject: lm kernel opt segfaults
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2002 13:46:48
On two i386/1.5.2 boxes I built kernels with the config identical to
GENERIC except for the inclusion of the lm hardware monitor.  Both kernels
built without errors and appear to function (boot, etc., including
envstat, which reads the Winbond hardware chips correctly based on what I
remember from my last look at the bios display).  The 'only' problem is
that the kernel segfaults and dumps a small core (c.150k) each time it
boots.  The same behavior is observed on three boxes, an Athlon 750
(Winbond, but not the same chip as the Pentium II), Pentium II 400, and
Pentium I 100 (no hardware monitor on this last).

Have I missed something in my kernel config?

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project