Subject: Re: looking for small, quiet, low-power firewall
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2002 10:47:12
On 2 Feb 2002, Valtteri Vuorikoski wrote:

SNIP

> Has anyone booted one of these directly to NetBSD using PXE? If yes,
> what did you use as a boot loader? GRUB? (The only OS I've ever booted
> with PXE was FreeBSD and they have an 'official' pxeboot.)
>
>  -v

I've been following the GRUB mailing list lately and there has been
rumblings there about bringing their support for NetBSD up to date.  Other
than that there is the occasional mention on the netbsd lists about a
native netbsd PXE loader that's lurking in a developer's private tree.

i'd really like to see PXE support added for the i386 branch.