Subject: Re: looking for small, quiet, low-power firewall
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@puuhamaa.magenta.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2002 13:59:22
<wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net> writes:

> the problem is how much will transport cost [for a net4501] to for
> example poland. this eliminates their nice slim case that probably
> weights somewhat.

I recently ordered one to Finland (it's currently shipping), the cost
using Global Express Mail was a bit over $30 with the metal case. I'd
expect the price to be similar to Poland. There's a link to a USPS
rate calculator on the soekris.com "How to order" page, you can use
that to calculate the price.

I don't think the case weighs very much, it's small and doesn't
contain heavy parts (ie. a power supply).

Has anyone booted one of these directly to NetBSD using PXE? If yes,
what did you use as a boot loader? GRUB? (The only OS I've ever booted
with PXE was FreeBSD and they have an 'official' pxeboot.)

 -v