Subject: Re: man less
To: Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/2002 00:52:33
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Jack Morgan wrote:

> I installed 1.5.3_ALPHA last night, thanks to Manuel Bouyer, but it now
> appears that I don't have any man pages. "man man" produces "no manual
> entry in the manual". It's the same no matter which man page I try to

try an:

# ls -la /usr/share/man

check ownership and permissions for screwy things.

also, what shell are you in? in sh/bash, try:

# echo $MANPATH

A good multi-platform value is always:

/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/man:/usr/pkg/man:/usr/contrib/man

> look at. I assume the pages are missing for man... so where can I get
> them? BTW, I installed all sets except those that are X** based.
>
> Thanks,
> jack_morgan

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"