Subject: Re: RAIDframe question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/2002 08:24:17
On 2002.01.28 15:31, Jack Morgan wrote:
> >From Peter Clarks "Configuring RAID on NetBSD" article,
> he recommends making a small boot partition. But, according
> to the 1.5.2 install docs, it says: Support for booting from
> RAIDframe RAID1 mirrors on i386 added. Can I safely assume
> this means root/boot on raid will work fine, or is it still
> recommended to to have a separate /boot?

Booting off RAID1 mirrors is supported, but with 1.5.2, installboot
still can't write the 1st and 2nd stage boot loaders to a RAIDFrame
device. You will have to apply some magic there.

You can look at how I did mirror my existing NetBSD Installation
at www.neverland.ch/netbsd.

Regards

Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                           kgc@zhwin.ch