Subject: Re: Shuttle SV24 firewire success with -current
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/2002 04:19:16
Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net> writes:

> lainestump@rcn.com wrote:
>
> > Next step - buy a firewire enclosure for my CD-RW. (Oh, and do
> > something to quiet down the damn PS fan! What a whiner!)
>
> And then you need to write the device driver to access it.
> We still have no Firewire drivers for disks and other peripherals.

I have a framework for a sbp2 driver at
<http://www.e.kth.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/ieee1394/>, my ohci cardbus card
seems to be somewhat flaky since when I tried with a friends pci ohci I
didn't see any problems that I see when the with my card (like missing
selfid changes, etc)

I still get that pesky 18 (that seems to be OHCI_CTXCTL_EVENT_ACK_PENDING)
when writing to the reset and/or sbp2 orbpointer register. Also the
receiving of the 18 when using my ohci cardbus card means that its going to
be flaky. Dunno if that is a problem with the netbsd ohci driver, easier to
blame someone else :)

Love