Subject: Re: Vinum or other lvm
To: Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/2002 06:26:25
--- Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp> wrote:
> I can't seem to find much information on Vinum after
> looking through
> the mail archives, so can NetBSD run vinum or is
> there another logical
> volume manager. I'm looking for something that can
> increase
> performance, eg stripping, and allow me to
> grow/shrink partitions with
> out much fuss. I'm currently using LVM in Linux and
> would like to
> migrate the rest of my boxes to NetBSD.
>
> Thanks,
> jack_morgan

As far as I know, vinum is not included with NetBSD,
but I don't know if it's easily implemented.

You'll want to look into ccd if you want to
concatenate disks, and raidframe if you want full raid
functionality. ccd has a man page and setup
instructions in the manual, and I can't find the link
for raidframe...

Andy