Subject: Re: Wine & NetBSD?
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/2002 18:41:18
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> > Here are the patches I'm using to build wine on 1.5.3_ALPHA, generated
> > against the Wine-20020122 tag. You'll need a fairly current 1.5.3_ALPHA
> > which has the crt* fixes. Even then, there's no support in wine for any
> > portable threading systems, so you can only run command line apps (but
> > no dos apps), and simple apps that don't try to spawn a shell. I've
> > successfully run "Mirror.exe", "Rar.exe", "SmartPAR.exe", "UnRAR.exe",
> > "ydec.exe", as well as wine's own "winemine".
>
> Wine requires clone(2) to run apps,

[That's obviously not true, but perhaps you meant to say "wine
requires clone() to run *most* apps".]

> but I haven't submitted it to
> the releng since I don't have a machine that is running 1.5.x.
> Without someone else's help, this is unlikely to be done before
> 1.5.3 is tagged off.

You're talking about adding a syscall to netbsd-1-5?  Wouldn't that
require a minor bump to libc, and wouldn't that then break every
shared library already built for netbsd-1-5 on ELF platforms?

Frederick