Subject: Re: Announce: Experimental NetBSD/x86 port of CMU CL
To: John Towler <jtowler@pconline.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/2002 09:54:50
John Towler <jtowler@pconline.com> writes:
> "Pierre R\. Mai" <pmai@pmsf.de> writes:
>> - NetBSD 1.5.2 on x86 doesn't provide access to the faulting memory
>>   address in SIGSEGV handlers, hence the generational GC can't [...]

This isn't the first time I've seen this complaint.  Is it something
that could be easily added (preferably to all platforms, I guess)?

Oh, and Pierre's experimental port runs fine on my Intel systems with
NetBSD-current on them.  His sources aren't available, as far as I can
tell, so I haven't been able to try recompiling under current.

-tih
--
Puritanism -- the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.