Subject: Re: scroll wheel on i386?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/22/2002 20:57:37
In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0201222231270.5004-100000@triton.invisible.ca>, "Jare
d D. McNeill" writes:
>On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> I have a scroll wheel mouse.  It works fine if it's connected via USB.  It
>> even works fine if it's connected via a USB<->PS/2 adapter.  However, if it'
>> plugged in as a PS/2, the scroll wheel doesn't work.

>Is it detected using the pms or pmsi driver?

Ah-hah!  pms.  It says "pmsiprobe: intellimode -> 6", which is what I've
seen from pretty much every mouse I've ever connected.

This is a Logitech "trackman wheel" (it's actually a trackball).  It's a USB
cable, with a USB->PS/2 adapter.  The neat part is, if I plug the PS/2 side
into a PS/2->USB adapter, and plug the USB side into NetBSD, it works, so
the PS/2 stuff really is sending wheel protocol stuff.

-s