Subject: USB & SpeedTouch ADSL modem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: david <david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2002 22:00:41
Hello NetBSD world !

I'm trying to configure a router under NetBSD 1.5.2 in place of a Linux
mandrake_8.1... ;-]

And I've an USB device who seem not to be detected.

First, I've compiled a new kernel with the following USB options enabled
:

Controllers		: uhci* at pci?
Bus support		: usb* at uhci*
Hubs			: uhub* at usb*
			: uhub* at uhub*
Generic HID		: uhid* at uhub*
Generic driver	: ugen* at uhub*

At start-up I got :

uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: Intel 82371SB USB Host Controller
(PIIX3) (rev. 0x01)
uhci0: interrupting at irq 9
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

But infortunaly my alcatel ADSL SpeedTouch modem seem not to be found,
like it's said in docs :

ugen0: ALCATEL Speed Touch USB , rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2

I take a look at :

/dev/usb                ; nothing
/dev/ugen0.00 - 0.15    ; all are : Device not configured

I must say that my modem is well recognized under Linux and I've browzed
the web too.

If someone could help me a little to debug, it will be great :-)

david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr

ps : running NetBSD since1.3 on my VaxStation2000 !