Subject: Serial port settings
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Adelman <dan@kdhx.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2002 02:38:48
I'm running netbsd on an intel 810 board, and I'm having problems setting
up the serial port to send data.  The device I'm sending to will not be
sending any data back, or even acknowledging the connection.  It's attached
to /dev/tty00  I've tried to use stty to set the speed, etc. but to no
avail.  If I type:

stty -f /dev/ttys00 19200

it appears to set the speed (stty does not report any error) but a
subsequent:

stty -a -f ./dev/tty00

tells me that the speed actually has not been changed!  However, if I set
up tty00 in /etc/remote like so:

com0:dv=/dev/tty00:br#19200:dc:hf:pa=none:hd:

and then do "tip com0" the connection opens at the correct speed and the
data I type gets sent.  What am I doing wrong with stty?

Thanks,
Dan