Subject: Re: Mini-PC 'Spacewalker'
To: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2002 13:49:00

> To be honest, a little noisier than I'd like.  I'm using the low-rise fan
> enclosed in the box to cool a 1.1GHz Celeron; I've read reports of people
> using a VIA C3 processor (which doesn't require a fan) to reduce the noise
> level ('course that reduces performance as well....).

IMHO if some company would produce low end PC based of about 100Mhz CPU
with integrated basic components for low price it would be excellent.
more power isn't much needed, and if it is you can always run something
remotely.

things like AMD Elan (486/133 with integrated ISA, PCI, RS-232, clock and
other PC standard things, FLASH and SDRAM controller,1.1W total power)
could make nice job for it.