Subject: Re: booting wrong partition (1.4.1)
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2002 10:15:49
Is there any way that we could force 'sd' or 'wd' to apply to the proper
kind and order of disk?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, David Laight wrote:

# Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:50:18 +0000
# From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
# Cc: port-i386@netbsd.org
#
# Matthias Drochner wrote:
# >
# > Did you perhaps do an image copy to the new disk, so that
# > the disklabels are identical?
# > The boot disk is identified by comparing the disklabels
# > with some data passed in by the bootloader, to avoid all
# > these BIOS numbering problems mentioned in previous