Subject: server chipset information request
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/09/2002 20:08:05
Hi,

I am very happy with the serverworks based servers I use and
installed. I have not tested their performance, but they "feel"
smoother in their performance. The only drawback is, that they only
support Intel CPUs.

The new AMD 760 MPX, according to the technical specs I have read,
should be somehow equal in performance and support all the things I
want (AMD CPUs, 64Bit/66Mhz. PCI, ECC, 4GB Ram, an optional 2nd CPU
as soon as it is supported in a NetBSD release). Has anyone tested
and compared it to serverworks chipsets or has information about
where to find such tests?

TIA

mike