Subject: Re: Triones/Highpoint HPT366 IDE Controller problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas Brebner <douglas+list@fang.demon.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2002 01:08:26
On Thursday 03 January 2002 19:50, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 03:19:38AM -0800, Bri wrote:
> >  I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the HPT366 controller
> > under NetBSD(1.5.x series) causing corrupt data transfers and IDE
> > timeouts and negotiations to lower UDMA speeds or if it's an issue with
> > the perticular implimentation of it on my motherboard (Soyo 6BA+IV.) It
> > seemed work fine when I used it under Windows 9x.
> >
> >  Also, if anyone has found a cause and fix for this, I'd be curious.
>
> Well, I have such a board here and I don't have any problems with it.
> Maybe it's a problem with the PCI implementation of your motherboard ?
> Did you try playing with BIOS settings ? What chipset is it ?

I've had no problems with hard drives on my HPT366, but I had quite a few
problems with my CDROM, CDRW and DVDROM drives including lockups and the
inability to access audio tracks beyond the second one.

I did get IDE timeouts and lost interrupts with them on the HTP366 but they
also occur with the onboard controller <sigh>. OTOH, the other problems have
gone now that I've moved them to my Gigabyte GA-5AX boards onboard controller.
--
Douglas