Subject: Re: Triones/Highpoint HPT366 IDE Controller problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2002 03:54:46
   I have a HPT366-based PCI card which is completely nonfunctional under
1.5.2. It looks like 366 support was unsuccessfully unified with 370 support.
According to the definitions in pciide_hpt_reg.h, it's checking the wrong
bits for channel enable on a 366, and while it gets the number of PCI
functions correct (two versus the 370's one, matching the comments), it's
checking for two channels (370-style) each instead of just one (which the
comments indicate would be correct for a 366).

   I hope to fiddle with this problem next week.

   --James