Subject: Re: Triones/Highpoint HPT366 IDE Controller problems
To: <>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2002 22:38:15
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:08:26AM +0000, Douglas Brebner wrote:

> I've had no problems with hard drives on my HPT366, but I had quite a few
> problems with my CDROM, CDRW and DVDROM drives including lockups and the
> inability to access audio tracks beyond the second one.
>
> I did get IDE timeouts and lost interrupts with them on the HTP366 but they
> also occur with the onboard controller <sigh>. OTOH, the other problems have
> gone now that I've moved them to my Gigabyte GA-5AX boards onboard controller.

Highpoint removed ATAPI support from their HPT370 driver on Windows 2000.
This seems to suggest issues.  Certainly you wouldn't want a CDROM sitting
on one of the channels when you have a RAID volume with one drive on each
channel.  Too bad, since I'm not using the software RAID functionality, and
would have liked to use my DVD on the otherwise unused second channel.

There may also be known issues with their chipsets and ATAPI support, which
sounds a bit like what is happening in your case.

-Andrew