Subject: Re: Serial console?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2001 21:44:03
Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>  wrote:
 > Unfortunately, their demo on the website seems to be broken.
 >
 > No matter what key combination I try I get:
 >
 > DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
 >
 > I did get the menu to come up. Looks like the demo system is trashed.

actually, the disk in it died.  I was going to fix it but decided
it was largely immaterial.  ie: the point is that you can reset
the machine and get into the BIOS.  Everyone has seen an OS boot
before so I guess the dead disk just adds to the realism.

 > Looks like it could be a good thing. Do they still sell the ISA MDA card?
 > I notice that they don't have a price listed for it.

they (we) still sell the ISA card but don't have any in stock at the
moment, having expended our energy on the PCI card of late.  The price
is listed on the order page.